Guess who’s black? Black again.
That has to be one of my worst opening lines, but you get the point, I’m wearing black again. It’s a easy and fun way to add some dimension to an otherwise simple or more basic look. I’m not fond of the word basic as I feel it suggests low effort but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Instead black creates a foundation of which you can build upon via accessorising; belts, jewellery or with design features on the actual garment, such as a bib collar like the dress worn below.
- Colour of the fabric: Black – is flattering as it draws attention away from potentially problematic areas of the body; where usually one would experience self conscious feelings.
- Length of dress: Mini – short fun and daring for an otherwise modest silhouette
- Denim fabric – is structured and creates clean lines that provide an overall sleek but casual look
- Fastening – back zip is functional and provides easy wear access.
- The ‘Peter Pan’ bib collar is a youthful feature that brings the simple dress to life.
Click here for more outfits on TikTok
Click here for previous style tips